The Lafayette office of Brown & Brown Insurance is looking for a Commercial Lines Producer. This is an exciting yet challenging position that is an amazing opportunity for the right candidate."The climb may be tough, but the view from the top is always better"
JOB TITLE: Commercial Lines Producer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISOR(S): Commercial Lines Sales Manager
DEPARTMENT: Property & Casualty
LOCATION: Lafayette, CA
PREPARED BY/DATE: September 2016
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
· Solicit new accounts and service and retain existing accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Fact-find and analyze prospect's needs and current insurance programs.
· Prepare marketing strategy information and market the account.
· Negotiate premiums with the insurance carrier.
· Collect deposit premiums in accordance with Brown & Brown requirements prior to binding coverage.
· Be responsible for collecting all the premiums due on each account.
· Oversee the loss control on each account and analyze loss trends.
· Meet with clients on a regular basis to provide required service.
· Document all meetings.
· Meet with or contact accounts 120 days prior to renewal to review strategy changes or additions required in coverage. Prepare renewal instructions.
· Effect any changes in coverage either directly with the insurance carriers or by instructing staff in writing.
· Refer all group and life leads to the Benefits Department.
· Maintain production reports and attend sales meetings as required.
· Keep informed of industry developments by review of trade press and by attending designated seminars.
· Development and maintain relationship with approved insurance carriers and surplus lines organizations.
· Any other job related duties as may be assigned.
The Producer has the authority to perform his functions, however, without approval of the Commercial Lines Sales Manager and/or Profit Center Leader, they may not:
· Negotiate any commission reductions with any insurance company on behalf of their clients below the levels authorized by Brown &Brown Insurance Services of California, Inc.
· Commit the Company to any expenditure other than normal expenses incurred in the normal course of business.
· Revise the compensation or status of any person within the Company.
· Discharge any person within Brown & Brown Insurance Services of California, Inc.
· Negotiate any special credit arrangements with clients.
· Negotiate coverage with any insurance carrier who is not authorized by Brown &Brown Insurance Services of California, Inc. without the specific approval of the Profit Center Leader.
· COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Team member communicates clearly and accurately using written, verbal and electronic methods. Chooses the most effective communication method for various types of information.
· INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS - Team member develops and maintains strong, supportive relationships with both internal and external customers. Is cooperative, professional and positive in all interactions.
· PROBLEM ANALYSIS & JUDGMENT - Team member effectively defines, analyzes and resolves problems with a focus on both the short-term and long-term impact of solutions. Consistently exhibits good judgment when making decisions.
· DECISIVENESS - Team member promptly makes decisions and reaches practical, logical conclusions after thoroughly considering possible options.
· RISK TAKING - Team member readily tries new things, is open to new ideas and exhibits good judgment in establishing whether a risk is worthwhile.
· PLANNING & ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS - Team member is effective in establishing both short-term and long-term goals and in developing and implementing Action Plans for their achievement. Able to prioritize, track workflow and maintain an orderly work environment.
· DELEGATION SKILLS - Team member identifies delegation opportunities, communicates expectations and follows-up to ensure delegated tasks are properly completed.
· FOLLOW-UP & CONTROL - Team member ensures expectations and directives are understood, monitors progress and follows-through until 100% completion is achieved.
· BALANCE - Team member effectively manages personal feelings and emotions, especially in situations involving crises or conflicts. Functions in a controlled manner when under stress.
· DRIVE & INITIATIVE - Team member sets and maintains ambitious standards for achievement and makes things happen. Takes the lead and avoids waiting to be told what to do.
· ADAPTABILITY/FLEXIBILITY - Team member effectively handles changes and/or interruptions and demonstrates a willingness to adapt to new situations and priorities. Able to adjust approaches to reach a desired outcome.
· SELF DEVELOPMENT ORIENTATION - Team member identifies personal development opportunities and takes initiative to seek additional knowledge and skills. Continuously learning and growing in the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Property & Casualty Licence
· Four- year college degree.
· 4 years minimum experience
· Advanced in Microsoft Office programs.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel is occasionally required (light to moderate) with most contact with customers by telephone, correspondence and/or in person.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If interested in this opportunity, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Brown & Brown, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.